Re: MG J type?-Reply

To: "David F. Darby" <darby@tri-lakes.net>, "MGs List" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: MG J type?-Reply
From: "Scotty" <scotty@dove.net.au>
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 1998 18:39:32 +0930
On Sunday, 26 July 1998 David asked

>I think I have a photograph of an MG J-type. Maybe a J2? The full wings and
>running boards don't look right though. I thought they all had cycle-type
>mudguards, but I must admit to being totally ignorant of pre-war MGs.

David,
            this is indeed a J2, and was at the INDY meet. It belongs to a
gentleman called, Don Green. I have an E-Mail address for him, if you want
me to send it, let me know. On the photo of the cars at the INDY track, this
car is on the front row, third from the left. Don is sitting on one fender
and I'm the guy [in the yellow shirt] sitting on the other fender.
The factory parts list shows the fender change was made at chassis J3438
this chassis the first built with the full fenders, production records
indicate that on
07-13-33, ten cars were built, from chassis J3434 to chassis J3443. If you
wanted cycle fenders after that date the factory would have needed a special
order to facilitate your request.

John[Scotty]Scott.
Adelaide.Australia.
'33, J2  # 4330