Distributor condenser measurements(MGB)

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Distributor condenser measurements(MGB)
From: Jurgen Hartwig <gt0003a@prism.gatech.edu>
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 1998 08:51:40 -0400
Could someone do me a great big favor?  I am in need of some measurements of
the distributor condenser for a '75 model distributor(MGB).  In fact, I imagine
that all condensers used are of the same variety.  I need to know what the
capacitance of these condensers are.  To alleviate my points burning problem,
I'm going to slap a huge capacitor on the system.  Also, does this side of the
system, see only 12vdc, or do I need a capacitor rated for higher voltages?  I
always thought that the distributor parts only see lower voltages, while the
coil voltages only go through the cap and into the plugs.

I apologize for my ignorance of this subject.  I have attempted to study the
distributer, but have yet to get the gist of the beast.

Jay

Jurgen Hartwig, Civil Engineering, Georgia Tech

and the world rejoiced

Try to live your life so that

when you die you will rejoice

and the world will cry.