Conversion of a Non-Believer

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Conversion of a Non-Believer
From: Matt Kulka <Matt.Kulka@hboc.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 17:49:09 -0400
  I spent this weekend dropping the rebuilt motor into my '74 B.  My
wife spent quite some time in her lawn chair in the garage keeping me
company.  One incident turned up which I thought the list might enjoy
between Miata bashing:

  My wife has never been a "car person."  In fact, many times in the
course of this (11 month long) project her comment has been "Why don't
you just get yourself a Camry so you don't have to keep fixing it?"
Ouch.

  Yesterday, whilst mating the engine and transmission, I asked her to
sit in the car and push the clutch pedal for me.  She spent a few
minutes sitting behind the wheel poking around the car.  ("Does this
steering wheel adjust?")  It wasn't long before I heard a magical phrase
drift out of the open cockpit:  "I'd like to learn to drive a stick
shift again."  That smile on her face had a little more mischief in it
than you usually see behind the windshield of a minivan.

  There may be a midget in our future.

Matt Kulka
'74 B - bringing families closer together.