rocker assembly studs

Subject: rocker assembly studs
From: "Tyson Sherman" <tsherman@tecinfo.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 02:11:14 -0500
After I found out that #2 cylinder is dead and it is firing, I took off the
rocker cover and proceeded to retorque the head/rocker assembly.

The head retorque went well.  However, when retorquing the rocker shaft nuts
(to 25 lb-ft) I think I found a problem.  After getting it to about 10# or
so, the nuts on #s 2 and 4 just spin.  They will spin with no resistance
either forward or reverse.  This isn't good.  did I do something terribly
wrong or was it time for them to go?
Thanks!

Tyson Sherman
<http://www.tecinfo.com/~tsherman/>