Just getting started

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Just getting started
From: Stanley Herr <sherr01@mail.orion.org>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 23:19:07 -0500 (CDT)
ho there just getting started on buying an MG, got the bug so you could
say and I stumbled upon this list (as to think of a better excuse) I am
just about ready to purchase a Midget but I cannot tell what year it is
because the door latch has worn off the VIN number and the year/month
section of the metal plate inside the drivers door and I was wondering if
there was any other way to tell what year this thing is.  I live in
Springfield, Missouri (the ozarks) The man selling it says it has a 1.6
litre job in it (single two barrel carb on top he says isn't stock) and it
runs like a top...or so it would seem at this point in time!  the body has
no rust and the top needs new windows in the back and a new paint job is
in the lineup, all for $1200.  Before I go ahead, I was wondering if
anyone has maybe a B for sale out there reasonably close that I might
consider, I am looking for a fixer upper, but something that runs
reasonably good, and if not I plan on purchasing the Midget mentioned
above (albiet, no DOB is known yet on this thing!) Thanks,

Andrew