MGA MkII question

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: MGA MkII question
From: baldycotton@pop.mindspring.com
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 15:26:53 -0400
On the lower sill there is a finisher strip that is to be fitted.  My car
is supposed to wear them, but were not on the car when I bought it.
I went to Moss, who had them in stock, and Joe brought them out for me, but
they were in somewhat ratty condition, and I thought they were supposed to
be chromed.  Whese were flat grey aluminum (I think) and not acceptable.
Joe thought so too. He rightly wants to send them back as they were not
even wrapped in a protactive paper. With scratches and dings, I would
hardly want to put them on a classic car.  The manufacturer had printed the
part number etc right on the face of the part and it looked more like paint
than ink, as it didn't rub off.  I assume lacquer thinner would remove it,
but I didn't buy them anyway pended correct info.

1. Are they supposed to be chrome plated?
2. Who else besides Moss might have them?

While on the topic, is there any trick to installing them? They come with
the screws and clips so it looks pretty straight forward.
Dave Iwansky
'62 MGA 1600 MkII