Re: Crack of Doom

To: Rick Jennings <ahhclem@kcnet.com>
Subject: Re: Crack of Doom
From: Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 1998 02:32:36 -0500
Rick Jennings wrote:

> Can anyone explain what needs to be done to repair the crack. What is the
> fix to keep it from happening again once fixed? I know this has been
> discussed before but I
> never had an them need.

Hi Rick:

Trevor has a good fix. A rather intelligent sounding fellow made an astute
observation quite awhile back. He believed the crack of doom was caused by
missalignment of the doors. If you look at the striker plate on your B and
notice there is some significant wear where the door latches, then this
induced stress at the weakest point aka the crack of doom.
--
Bob Allen, Kansas City
PS: If you don't notice the abnormal wear, then the guy must have been an