RE: 2 questions - oil stabilizer & paint code for MGA rims

To: "'mga@ffwd.bc.ca'" <mga@ffwd.bc.ca>, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: 2 questions - oil stabilizer & paint code for MGA rims
From: "Unger, Larry G" <larry.g.unger@lmco.com>
Date: Sun, 02 Aug 1998 15:26:46 -0400
Eric Stephen wrote:

> (1) Does anyone have anything positive or negative to say about Lucas
> Oil heavy duty stabilizer?  Saw it mentioned on Shadetree Mechanic this
> past weekend with a recommendation for use in older cars.

Sorry ... haven't heard of it.

> (2) I will be taking the rims off for refinishing this fall.  I've
> decided to go the powdercoat route.  Is there a paint code equivalent
> that I can give the shop to get the correct color?

Well ... this is what I have ... I think its from the autox.team.net web
site (Rodger Garnett), but heck it could be the list that Lawrie posted
as while back ... OF syndrome must be kicking in 'cause I just can't
remember.

        - Paint Codes for some British car accessories:   rev 10/13/93 RG
        ...[snip]...
        - MG TD, TF, A, & B  engine -Deep Maroon
        -    RM #           E3123M
        -    Moss#          220-540
        -    Krylon         Maroon (close)
        -    Bill Hirsch    "MG Maroon" (by the pint & quart)
        -    POR 15         "MG Maroon" (pint $16, Qt. $25)
        -
        - MGA, MGB, Midget Fan & Pulley-  Yellow
        -    Duplicolor #       T-211
        -    International      I-H Yellow (used on Cub Cadet Mowers)
        -    Harvester
        - Wheels- Hammered Silver
        -    DITZ#             DAR 2593
        -    Duplicolor#       FM-149 or T229
        -    Moss #            220-560
        -    Plasticote        1587 (may soften existing paint)

Safety Fast! ... larry.g.unger@lmco.com
'61 MGA 1600 MkII