Overflow tank for '74 'B (was: Re: Paint Chips #@$$%&*()

To: <miker15@juno.com>
Subject: Overflow tank for '74 'B (was: Re: Paint Chips #@$$%&*()
From: "Mike Lishego" <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 01:44:39 -0400
 For the record, the crib that fell was the metal springs from an antique
baby crib.  Not exactly light, not exactly paint-friendly.  The hole it
caused is about the size of a pencil-point.  After venting in my first
message, it looks alot better than at first glance.  The only bad part about
the hole is it's placement - it's right behind a crossmember (which might be
good, otherwise the dent would be bigger!)  I might just goop some bondo
into the hole (hell, the metal's prepped!), and touch up the scratch with
some rust-oleum.  And yes, that hole was the only leak I knew of...I did
have to seal around the emblem to stop water from entering the boot, but it
worked wonders!

I got plenty of little niggling things done today after the accident
(proverbial 'two steps forward, one back').  Got heater fan and wipers
working by fixing bad ground, re-wired the horn since the DPO bodged it to
hell and back, got the headlights working, the front markers working, and
began to replace the windshield with one that isn't fogged or scratched.
Thanks to all who gave advice and condolences...I might have this sucker
ready to go for the TRF party!

To help heal my car's pain, I decided to add an overflow tank to the
radiator.  It's from my '77, and seems like an easy task.  One question
though - Where did anyone else who made this modification mount their tank?
Thanks in advance...I'll keep y'all posted about how this thing turns out!

Michael S. Lishego
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/3706/