Re: Is it worth it?

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Is it worth it?
From: Keith Wheeler <keithw@sand.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 1998 16:36:31 -0700
Darren Jameson wrote:

>My question is this:
>1.  If the owners want to part with the vehicles, how much should I offer?
>2.  I think the GT is worth restoring, but is the Spit?  I don't think it's
>a rare car is it?

1. No more than $300 to $500.

2.  Depends.  Here's how it goes:  There are lot's of future classic
x around.  Nobody cares.  These cars aren't restored.  Later there
aren't many x's around, and they are rare.  There are tons of 1500cc
Spits badly needing homes, and they can be had for $200 or so.  There
are damn few MK1 Spitfires left anywhere.  In years there'll be
damn few 1500 Spitfires, and damn few rubber bumpered MGs.  Personally,
once I get a few things stabilized (such as the 10 acres and 1200 sq ft
barn that will become Team Sanctuary's new home) I'd love to provide a
home for all those unwanted 1500 Spits and Midgets...and do some fun things
with some RX-7 engines in the process!

-Keith Wheeler
Team Sanctuary                          http://www.teamsanctuary.com/