Re: Weber DGV

To: wizardz <wizardz@amdyne.net>
Subject: Re: Weber DGV
From: Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 1998 21:48:15 -0500
wizardz wrote:

> Please help...
> If anyone has paper work on the Weber DGV carb I'd
> be willing to fork $ for a copy.

Call your favorite local auto parts store and see if they will order you
the Haynes techbook #10240 -- Weber Carburetor Manual. My local O'Reilly
Auto Parts store charged me $11.88 in May of '97.

You'll also get sections on the SU and Strombergs for free.

> By the way, if anyone is considering this
> conversion for your MG, don't
> even consider buying it from Moss or VB. Not at
> the rip-off prices they want.
> you can contact Weber Directly via their web site
> http://webercarburetors.com

I've never cared for Performance Parts Warehouse which is who is hiding
underneath (that currently broken) URL. I prefer:

Pierce Manifolds Inc
8901 Murray Avenue, Gilroy, CA 95020
(408) 842-6667

They're not Web enabled but the last time I called them they had a swell
catalog plus thier tech support was very helpful. It has been 3 or 4
years since they needed my money, however. YMMV.

They cast their own manifolds to go with DGV kits. They also cast the
cross-flow head that Darby designed and sells.

> Also if anyone considers the small
> electric transformer looking fuel pump
> (which really is a good unit) forget it at $78.00
> from VB or Moss. Go too any Western Auto
> or Pep Boys, etc. Too version exist, one metric,
> one American two different pressure rates,
> they sell for about 29.95

Yeah, but those damn things are too noisy. Get the "can type"
universals. They are silent and, near as I can tell, last forever. About
$50 though.

Bob Allen, Kansas City, '69CGT, '75TR6
Seen on back of Biker T-shirt in route to Sturgis: "If you can read this
the bitch fell off!"