Convertible top installation - DIY or let a pro do it?

To: "'MG List'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Convertible top installation - DIY or let a pro do it?
From: Dan Pockrus <dpockrus@efficient.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 1998 13:37:29 -0500
        I've just received a new top for my son's '74CBB from Caribou
Canvas (after a two-month wait, I might add). While all of the rear
attachment buttons and the like are in place, the new top has to be
attached to the old header bow and have the buttons installed on the two
forward straps.
        I've always considered myself a handy lad, but I'm a little
squeamish about tackling this task without any sort of instructions or
guide. Anyone like to contribute your observations, advice or warnings?

Dan Pockrus
'74 CBB (my newly licensed son's pride and joy)
'62 VW Panel Bus (down to two forward gears now - 2nd and 3rd)
'95 Jeep Grand Cherokee (which won't allow anyone to unlock it without
the alarm going off)