Re: Rechrome or Repro?

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Rechrome or Repro?
From: BobMGT@aol.com
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 1998 22:42:01 EDT
walters@mail.softcom.net writes:

> dmeadow@juno.com wrote:
>  >
>  > While we are on the subject of chrome. . .
>  >
>  > I have the opportunity to purchase original bumpers for the TD that will
>  > likely need rechroming.  My other option is to purchase reproduction
>  > bumpers.  Any comments on the quality of the repro bumpers available?
>  > Any ball park estimates as to the cost of rechroming the originals (which
>  > are in relatively good condition)?
>  >
>  > TIA.
>  >
>  > David Littlefield
>  > Houston, TX
>  > '62 MGA MkII
>  > '51 MGTD
>  > '88 Jaguar XJ-S

David:

        The repro bumpers I bought from Moss for my TD look beautiful and fit
great.
I can't speak to their durability. But I'm not worried because I don't plan to
ever let them get wet or bumped.

Bob Donahue (Still stuck in the '50s)
EMAIL - BOBMGT@AOL.COM
52 MGTD - under DIY restoration NEMGTR #11470
71 MGB   - AMGBA #96-12029, NAMGBR #7-3336