Overdrive

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Overdrive
From: Chris Chandler <spawn@net-link.net>
Date: Sun, 09 Aug 1998 22:50:57 -0400
Are there any external distinguishing characteristics to an OD tranny?

I thought the presence of two switches would do it (which I just found
on pulling the mess out of my '72B), but in a past post to the list,
Lawrie indicated that it could also be some sort of alarm buzzer or some
such...

When I pulled it out, one wire was broken off and the other disconnected
from this second switch.  The reverse switch has been functional since I
bought the car.

I guess another question that I might ask is if it is an OD unit, what
color(s) would the wires be?

Also, where would the OD switch be?

Thanks,

Chris