MGA Disk Wheels

To: "'MG submission'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: MGA Disk Wheels
From: "Cordell, Ralph PhD" <rzc4@cdc.gov>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 11:27:33 -0400
I've been trying to give the taxpayers their moneys worth and haven't
been on the list much lately.  Several people have commented that one of
my wheels "wiggles".  Last weekend I jacked up the rear and checked it
out.  It appears that one of my wheels is bent.  I'm not too suprised as
when I was driving the car during the '70s, it spent more time in the
air than on the ground.  What is the availability of disk wheels?  I
didn't see a  cat # in either Moss or Clarke Spares.  About how much do
they go for new?/used?  I could use it for a spare except my spare is
bent even worse and doesn't hold air too well.  I think I fixed my oil
leak.  I was afraid it was coming from the rear but got under there last
night and found I hadn't tightened the pipe from the block to my
screw-on filter fitting enough.  Turned it a few lands and voila.

Thanks much.

ralph cordell
rzc4@cdc.gov
'59 MGA