Re: Lowering RBB

To: Scott Pontius <spontius@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: Lowering RBB
From: Jim Stuart <jimbb88@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 18:36:37 -0400

My Roadster was lowered this way, with Turn Six 480lb front springs.
Very easy, no noticable tire wear or steering problems, excellent
handling with lowered (de-arched) rear springs, a great autocrosser.

Downside was a harsh ride. Next step was a set of worn out chrome bumper
springs, cut 1/2 coil with a die grinder- don't use a torch. Better
ride, but still had limited suspension travel. O.K. for good roads,
still uncomfortable on the bad roads, good handling, though.

Last reincarnation is Moss Coil-over setup, improved the ride, but it
raised the suspension to achieve any comfort level. Not a good
investment in my opinion, I will be removing it & selling it this
winter. Get your bids in early.

I set up my rubber bumper GT correctly, by swapping in the early
crossmember, stock GT chrome bumper springs & shocks. I lowered the rear
with Moss lowering blocks. It is now one of the most comfortable B's I
know of, & it did very well at Summit Point.

All of this is just my experience, yours/others my vary.

Jim Stuart