RE: Oil Drain Back valve

To: "'mgbob@juno.com'" <mgbob@juno.com>
Subject: RE: Oil Drain Back valve
From: "Feldman, Jack (Jack)" <jack@lucent.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 07:42:36 -0500
Bob,

The Purolator filter I was referring to was the PER1A. I actually looked at
one. At the lbc equivalent of the hot stove league (and does that apply to
summer nattering?), we discussed filters. I also queried a Ford engineer.
The take is that while the filters may be the physical equivalent, there are
different applications. The AC Delco PF2 may not need the valve in GM cars
for which it is designed. What is even more interesting is that Tom
(Josefec) pulled out an AC Delco of the short variety, which is the size of
the recommended MG filter. It had the valve. The Ford Motorcaraft box has a
list of equivalents, but cautions they may not be an exact replacement for
the application.

Tom also showed me a Penziol PZ1, which is constructed a little differently.
There are two sets of holes that are off set. You have to look carefully
under the second set to see the valve. I missed it.

I'll go with the Penzoil because it looks like the coffee mug I use at work.
I assume the filters are better because the tab on the lid of the mug tore
off years ago.

Although I might just go with any brand filter if I can find some cheap
green spray paint that approximates what my engine used to look like.

Jack