Re: MGB Door caps

To: dpockrus@efficient.com
Subject: Re: MGB Door caps
From: miker15@juno.com
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 17:05:03 EDT
On Thu, 13 Aug 1998 10:41:28 -0500 Dan Pockrus <dpockrus@efficient.com>
writes:

>       I just bought new felt strips and outside window seals for the
>CBB in preparation for winter. I haven't installed them yet because of
>common problem - split vinyl on the door caps. The door caps are in
>good
>shape otherwise - is it possible to recover them rather than dropping
>$100 each for new ones?
>

>Dan Pockrus
>'74 CBB

Absolutey! - and its just as difficult and as easy as it may appear - all
you need to do is disassemble them, leave the padding attached to the
wood and use the old vinyl as a template to cut new covers - sounds easy
doesnt it?? - purchase enough vinyl to  allow for at least one screw up
however,( preferably two) - You can buy vinyl at Home Depot or other
furnishing centres and should be able to get a decent match of the grain-
British vinyl is the best in the world so pt for this if you can find it-
if you want the real top end, buy Jaguar vinyl, its a very tight grain,
easy to use and just beautiful! - I dont recommend Moss VB etc for this,
theyre at least double what youll have to pay locally,

mike robson
69 roadster (jag vinyl)
70 BGT (jag vinyl)
72 roadster (vinyl from a local upholstery store)