Re: T & YA/YB pedal Lubrication

To: "ROBERT G. HOWARD" <mgbob@juno.com>
Subject: Re: T & YA/YB pedal Lubrication
From: neil.cairns@virgin.net
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 1998 07:43:52 -0700
The TD used the YA's chassis, but the pedal box differed, the TD's being
much improved. I rebushed and re-drilled my '52 YB clutch and brake
levers in the pedal box last year, the YB's clutch pedal is on the
opposite side of the chassis!! and gets all the water wash off the front
wheel, ( RHD...) The new pedal shaft from NTG had a GREASE NIPPLE on it,
as the original had not, and now I also include this one in the 1000
mile grease-up.

( If you are a bit lost, the YA is an MG saloon, that MG cut 5" out of
the chassis, put a slightly wider TC body on it, and called it the TD,
Oh yes, and put the chassis OVER the rear axle, not under it.)

I have written an 'information sheet' over the 'Y' type pedal box, that
uses a cable for the clutch, not rod as in the TD, and it is available
from the UK MGCC from Dennis Doubtfire, 44 01483 415608, as " Y Sheet
5".

And.......if you think T & Y type clutch and brake levers wear, you
should run a Morris 1000, they get so bad the clutch & brake pedals can
hit each other, ooops, off topic again.

Neil