Re: What manuals Should I buy?

To: FlynShoot@aol.com
Subject: Re: What manuals Should I buy?
From: Art Pfenninger <ch155@FreeNet.Buffalo.EDU>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 1998 13:23:17 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 13 Aug 1998 FlynShoot@aol.com wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> First thanx for all of the great information on reducing the fuel pressure of
> my SU fuel pump which is feeding my Weber DGV carb.
>
> I have another request. I am building a repair reference library and am
> wondering what manuals I should include. I am considering the following:
>
> Haynes MGB Shop Manual
        This would be my first and only purchase.

> Haynes Weber Carb. Manual
        Check your local library they may have a copy. You won't often be
rebuilding your carb and this is really all the book is good for.

> Bentley MGB Shop Manual
        Looks nice and has great information in it but costs 3 times what
the Haynes does, but does not contain much new information.

> Moss Motors Glovebox Size Workshop Manual.
        Never saw it so I can't comment. There is another book by Lindsay
(I think) that deals with emergency repairs and keeping the car alive.
It's not his restoration book. If interested I'll look the title up, I've
seen it at the library.
...Art