A Sad Day... 78 B FS

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: A Sad Day... 78 B FS
From: Ben Ruset <bruset@home.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 1998 21:51:12 -0400
It is with regret that I must post that my 78 B is now for sale. Lack of
space, time, or money has dictated my decision --- I simply can not bear to
watch it sit. It deserves to have the restoration finished, and be
cherished by someone who understands and loves MGs.

To that end, here are the specs on it:

78 B, weber carb (newly rebuilt) with a straight exhaust, no CC or air
pump. 75k miles.
Brand new $3500 paint job, including all rust repair -- new metal welded in
to replace two rust spots on the dogs legs.
Autumn leaf interior, which needs replacing
The engine really could use a rebuild. Transmission seems okay.
Convertable top needs replacing -- I have a brand new top which will go
with the car.

These parts also go with it:

Chrome luggage rack (not yet installed)
New dashboard (no, not a pad, the whole dash...)
Moss generic wood wheel (to be installed)
Other odds and ends.

The car needs it's engine rebuilt (or a v8 installed) and the interior
redone. It could also stand to have it's electrical system traced and
sorted out.

I paid $850 for the car, and have invested in about $1000 in parts so far.
The paint / bodywork cost $3500 ($500 of which I still owe!!!). I'm not
looking to make a profit, or even break even, but I need to get around
$2300 for the car.

If you're interested, email me.

Thanks!

Ben Ruset                       mailto:bruset@home.com
Personal Homepage               http://members.home.net/bruset
The MGB Haven           http://mgbhaven.home.ml.org

"The universe is made not of atoms, but of stories..."