Whew!

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Whew!
From: "Thomas James Pokrefke, III" <pokrefke@bigun.c-gate.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 1998 20:53:26 -0500 (CDT)
I know I'm prone to embellish my stories, but this actually happened
tonight.  My girlfriend had asked me to take her for a drive in the MGB.
I complied, seeing how driving the MGb and entertaining girls named Barbi
should provide for an interesting evening.

We were hauling tail down a country road when someone behind us started
flashing their high-beams.  The road was a two-lane (barely), deserted
except for me and the car behind me, and about 30 miles from civilization.

I thought it was a sheriff's deputy:  I has been driving about 70, the
posted speed was 35.  I had my excuse ready, I eased of the throttle to a
more respectable 50, and realized there was an absence of blue lights.

Still going 50, a local heathen in a Nissan truck attempted to pull even
with me.  Seeing that the vechicle was not a law officer, and hearing the
shouts of the rednecks inside, I downshifted to 3rd and drove the MGB for
all she was worth.

Poor Barbi wasn't even aware of the situation we had avoided.  "I wonder
what they wanted?" was her only comment.  Lucky for her, the MGB allowed
her to go home tonight, instead of spending it chained to a tree.

Never a dull moment in South Mississippi.  It brings new meaning to the
phrase 'Safety Fast'.

I hope yours was better -

Thomas James Pokrefke, III
1970 MGB