Re: New Coil - Barney was right!

To: "'tboicey@brit.ca'" <tboicey@brit.ca>,
Subject: Re: New Coil - Barney was right!
From: Chris Kotting <ckotting@iwaynet.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 10:13:17 -0400
Trevor -

Been there...

A friend and I were trying to diagnose a Bu*ck V-6 that wouldn't start (GM
High Energy Ignition).  I was holding a plug lead with a pair of
(supposedly) insulated pliers while my buddy cranked it.  It was bright out
so I had to lean waaaaay over to see if there was a spark, such that the
fly of my jeans was up against the fender (didn't think about it at the
time).

Having achieved a position where I could clearly see (and become part of)
the action.  I hollered to my buddy "Okay, crank it!"  He did, and the
*&^%$# car STARTED!!!!

TURN...IT...OFF!!! I hollered between spasms
"But it's running!"
I...DON'T...CARE!!...JUST...TURN...IT...OFF!!!

It was about a day before I got any feeling back in my "grounding strap".
 NOT a comforting thought at the time.

Chris Kotting
ckotting@iwaynet.net