I'm Twisted

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: I'm Twisted
From: Simon Westbrook <simon@sageinc.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 09:21:29 -0700
I was taking the SU fuel pump off for cleaning and checking to see if a
clean would eliminate the need for an occasional tap on the side to keep
it ticking. Unfortunately I created an even bigger problem for myself. I
removed the mounting bolts first and then tried to disconnect the union
nut. In the process I have twisted the metal fuel pipe just below the
union nut.

I am wondering whether

(i) to try untwisting recognising that it might break and that even when
untwisted, the pipe bore may be considerably restricted;
(ii) to cut off the twisted bit and replace with a clamped rubber or
plastic hose (but I havnt got much pipe between the twist and the union
nut (only about 3/16")
(iii) cut off the offending portion and make up a replacement section
(where would I get pipe and union fittings and how do you do the flares
(I have a break pipe flare tool I found at a garage sales)
(iv) replace the whole pipe length (seems drastic)

I would appreciate any comments or suggestions from listers on these or
other ideas
Thanks

Simon