Re: OVERDRIVE WIRING / CLUTCH FORK BUSH

To: william.g.abbott#064#boeing.com@mail.mdc.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: OVERDRIVE WIRING / CLUTCH FORK BUSH
From: JstBob@aol.com
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 17:11:56 EDT
Darn I thought I had a wiring dia for that year. Anyway you are wrong about
going thru the reverse switch. The over drive circuit does not have any thing
to do with that switch.
The first thing you must do if you do not want to use the windshield switch is
connect the one end to the yellow wire to a white ignition circuit.
The routing should start with the yellow under the hood change to yellow/red
to the 3/4 switch red to gear handle switch and black to the solenoid.
I have mine fused with an inline fuse 30 amp on the yellow line under the
hood. This is on my 71. Of course I waited untill I almost set the car on fire
when the solenoid shorted out one day.