Re: Leaf Springs

To: Chris Chandler <spawn@net-link.net>
Subject: Re: Leaf Springs
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 00:23:20 -0400
Chris Chandler wrote:
> It turns (somewhat freely), but no matter what I try (twisting,
> pounding, prying, etc.) I can't get that bolt out.  Anyone have any
> suggestions?

  If the bolt is rusty, don't hesitate, cut it out. If it's
rusty you don't want to reuse it anyways so get it out as quick
as possible and end the frustration.

> On another note, not only are the springs shot, but so are the shocks. I
> pulled one down and it stayed there.

  That would be normal for lever shocks. If they are working, it's
hard to pull down and hard to pull up, and reasonably tight side
to side. If they are shot, there is little resistance to move
up and down.

--
Trevor Boicey, Ottawa, Canada.
tboicey@brit.ca, ICQ #17432933