Re: tonneau question (MGA)

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: tonneau question (MGA)
From: ejrussell@sprynet.com
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 17:03:55 -0700 (PDT)
I had a local tent repair shop make my current tonneau. I wanted it in two
halves, zipped together down the center so I could remove the driver's half. It
did not cost any more than a tonneau from the usual mail-order sources. Price
included installing all the LTD fasteners and a heavy duty nylon zipper. He did
have my old one as a pattern but I doubt they needed it. I have seen photos of
MGA tonneaus that fasten to LTDs on the doors. I think that'd be uncomfortable
on the arm if one were using the door as an arm rest. I have never seen a
tonneau that attaches to the clips close to the trunk (boot) lid.

Eric <ejrussell@sprynet.com>
Bridgewater, MA