Re: Heater motor, MGA and MGB

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Heater motor, MGA and MGB
From: Dave Quirt <quirt@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 21:28:51 -0600
Barney:

Yes, they are functionally and physically interchangeable but have
different squirrel cages. I have a MGB motor in my A heater box at
present. What I can't remember is if the output shafts are the same
diameter - it's been a number of years since I did the swap. Even
earlier, I did the same thing with a Mk2 Mini fan motor and - again - I
can't remember the details. Now you have just enough information to NOT
know what to do :-)

Dave Q.
57 A coupe
59 A Twin-Cam
and my wife say too many MGBs

>>d.) Are the MGA and MGB heater motors physically and functionally
interchangeable but maybe different in appearance?  (In which case V.B.
would be selling someone non-original type replacement parts, not a real
big surprise.)<<