help for a newbie?

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: help for a newbie?
From: pschuhma@richmond.edu
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 1998 09:18:53 -0400
Hi everyone, Pete Schuhmann here. I have a problem with my recently aquired
76 midget 1500 and was hoping you all could provide a little advice. Fair
warning, I don't know too much about cars (only that I love MG's), but am
willing to get my hands dirty and really want to learn to to work on the
car I love. Here's the situation: Had the midget for about 3 months. Runs
like a top, and always starts on the first try. I got back from a 3 week
vacation and was itching for a spin, so I hopped in, but it wouldn't start.
It wouldn't even wind, like there  was no battery. Jumping it didn't work
either. Tried twice thinking I had flooded it the first time. Plenty of
fuel in tank. Any tips on what I should check and how? I suspect its
something simple, but don't know where to start. Thanks in advance. Sorry
to be so ignorant!

Pete