Prince of Darkness Strikes

To: MG List <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>, Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Subject: Prince of Darkness Strikes
From: Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 1998 21:26:06 -0500
For all of those that may have been going to the Davenport, Iowa show,
particularly Barney "Ironbutt" Gaylord, I'll be a no-show. I was
literally packed, running, and aimed at the interstate when I noticed
the voltmeter seemed to be only seeing the battery.

Back in the driveway, my suspicions were confirmed. The alternator has
just going along for the ride.

Now some may say so it's my own fault for owning a Triumph and some
might think that there is some kind or preventive maintenance for such a
thing. But the truth of the matter is that I just paid $60 to have it
rebuilt. It worked for a week then came down with SIDS. I'm a little
irritated. The TR6 has the alternator on "the other side" compared to my
'C' and other MGs so I'm pretty much SOL.

I think the home chores have got me cornered.

Drat,

Bob Allen, Kansas City, Now All The Cars Are Broken
"Life is little more than a loan shark: it expacts a very high rate of
interest for the few pleasures it concedes." -- Luigi Pirandello