bad idea?

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: bad idea?
From: Tyson Sherman <mts3@ra.msstate.edu>
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 1998 01:57:54 -0500
My B is running really good after getting the engine back in.  Sadly, I
still have no overdrive.  And one of the four driveshaft flange bolts
(that hold the tranny flange to driveshaft flange) is stripped and
unable to be used.  So that flange only has three bolts.  Is it a bad
idea to drive it, oh, say 130 miles with only three bolts holding the
front flange together?  The rest of the car is ready but I'm scared of
that bolt.  I'm in the process of  sawing that bolt head off so I can
replace it, but it's a lengthy process (high grade steel, no access).  A
die to rethread won't fit in the tight space.  Any help is appreciated.
I'm leaving Sunday afternoon (like in 10 hours) and wanted to know if
the B should be my car of choice :)

Tyson Sherman
mts3@ra.msstate.edu
http://www.tecinfo.com/~tsherman