Re: Australia

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Australia
From: Eric Erickson <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 00:22:17 +0000
Neil_Oldfield@nag.national.com.au wrote:

> hay is there anybody else out there from Australia.....   and is
> there any shows comming up.....
>
> i have a 64 MG B

Neil,

I am in Adelaide (South Australia) and we have a couple of interesting
events in the next few months.  In particular the "CLASSIC ADELAIDE"
Rally 19th to 22nd of November.  Check out their great website at
http://www.classicadelaide.com.au (a recommendation for everyone on the
list) - pity it is lacking in MG photos.

To quote from the website:

"The former Grand Prix city of Adelaide is to hear the roar of high
performance engines once again when the 1998 Classic Adelaide Rally will
host 120 sports and classic cars on an international 4-day tarmac
special stage rally in the Australian spring from 19th -22nd November
this year. Today the Sports and Classic saloons from the fifties and
sixties still capture the imagination of every automobile buff and
enthusiast because they are individually unique and just good fun to
drive compared to the modern day techno-machines."

and for the non-pro ralliest

The "Tourist Trophy" division of the Classic Adelaide is designed for
the enthusiast sports and classic car owner to join in the more social
aspect of the event and follow the rally's high points at a leisurely
pace befitting showroom classic motor vehicles.  Leaving in parallel to
the competition cars and skirting around the some of the special stages,
the tour will be the welcoming party ahead of the "real" rally cars and
the exotic Parade."

Enjoy.

Eric
'68 MGB