speedo back together, but clicking noise

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: speedo back together, but clicking noise
From: ninab@scoresheet.com (Nina Barton)
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 20:15:43 -0700
Well, with the help of all on this list, and a big thank you to all of you,
I put the speedometer back in the dash today.  Either you folks are much
more dexterous than I am, or you simply have more practice, but I was sure
fumbling a lot, and losing the little knurled nuts, etc.  Found them all
and reassembled it properly though.

Took a test drive, and notice that there is a mostly low rpm
ticking/clicking noise from the dash.  When I lost the speedometer, it was
on a long trip home from Seattle, and I heard some kind of strange noise
coming from the dash.  It's been over a year now, so I can't tell if the
noises are the same or not.  Could the angle drive in the dash be bad?  The
speedometer is a bit jerky until you get to 15 mph or so, then it evens
out.  It seems to be reading a little high and the needle swings back and
forth a bit.  The cable was replaced last August, before I went to Seattle.
Sometimes it seems like this ticking gets faster right as I come to a stop
at a light.  Looking for things to check.  Thanks in advance, again!
Nina