RE: Top Frames...

To: "Chris Chandler" <spawn@net-link.net>,
Subject: RE: Top Frames...
From: "doug russell" <dr-doug@classic.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 98 11:56:00 UT
Chris,

I've got the same top on my 69 Beater - folds into the middle from the sides.
I've just always assumed that it was the right top frame for the car (or some
car anyway).  But seeing that you've opened this topic up for discussion, I'd
be interested in hearing if anyone knows what tops go to what cars.  As far as
I have observed, there are two types of  top frames for the B roadster.  The
first is the stow away and the second type is the folding.  Within the folding
type I've seen the fold-into-the-middle type and the straight fold back type.
I believe the straight fold back type is for later cars (70 and above) while
the fold-into-the-middle type is for pre 70 models.  Of course, my
observations could off, either partially or totally.

Dr. Doug