RE: Unisync (Unisyn)

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Unisync (Unisyn)
From: Paul.Kile@Aerojet.com (KILE, PAUL D)
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 06:42:31 -0700
I have had good luck with the Unisyn on all SUs, including little HS2s
on Spridgets.  If the float won't move, check to make sure that it is
free to move in the plastic tube, it should fall freely through the full
length of the tube when it is inverted.  If not, you might have some oil
or glycerine causing the float to stick (I have seen some preservative
present on new Unisyns).  Clean that out and it should be fine.  Also
check the O-rings at the top and bottom of the tube, if these are bad
you won't get proper suction over the float.

One last problem is that Unisyns don't like to be stored in hot areas.
I had mine kicking around inside my MG one hot Sacramento summer, when I
checked it, the tube had warped and jammed the float - instant junk.

Hope this helps,
Cheers, PK