Re: Ignition points / Electronic ignition

To: RBerning@jps.net, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Ignition points / Electronic ignition
From: "Harlan Jillson" <hjillson@argohouston.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 98 08:28:42 CST
Robert,
   IMHO go with the replacement points.  About the only
reason for getting the Lucas part I can think of would be
if your terribly concerned with original parts for concours
show or something.  I can't think of any other reason to
pay the extra cost, as points are one of the expendible
tuning parts most often replaced. ( I'd even go with a
solid state ignition if you can afford it and get rid of
the point problem for good.)
   Besides,  Lucas parts have never had a reputation for
being most reliable anyway, unless they've change quite a
bit over the years.
   Others may have a different opinion, and I'm sure they
will let you know a give you the reason's why.  Thats kind
of what this list is all about, an exchange of information.  I've learned a lot
just monitoring some of the exchanges.
When it comes down to it the final decision is up to you.

Harlan.