Vacuum advance and Crane ignition question

Subject: Vacuum advance and Crane ignition question
From: F Crocker <jafcjr@presys.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 07:56:46 -0700
While poking around under the hood of our '79 B with another MG
afficionando, we discovered that the vacuum advance is not hooked up.
The car runs fine, except for fast idle (around 1400 rpm).  The car also
has a Crane ignition.

Query:  Does the VA need to be operational with a crane ignition?

TIA
--
J. A. Frazer Crocker, Jr.       "I pray and incur
P. O. Box 3184                   silence...am I