a/c on '77B

To: MG List <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: a/c on '77B
From: Bud Krueger <bkrueger@ici.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 17:50:32 -0700
Hi listers,

     Spent a big chunk of the morning checking out a '77B roadster that was
initially sold in Florida with dealer-installed air conditioning.  BTW, the a/c
still works. Granted that my knowledge of MGB's is virtually nil, I'd never
before seen one with a/c. Neither in photos nor in the flesh.  The odd thing, at
least to me, is that the car has two cooling fans.  It has an electric fan in
front of the condensor, which is close-coupled to the radiator, and it also has
a belt/pulley driven fan between the radiator and the engine.  There is an
aluminum (aluminium) pop-riveted shroud between the radiator and the engine. The
owner claims that the car tends to run on the cool side.  Just thought someone
out there might like to know.

Bud Krueger
52TD
??MGB (probably this week)