Re: Dwell meters on positive ground car?

To: Robert Alan Reisse <rareisse@postoffice.worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: Dwell meters on positive ground car?
From: ccrobins <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 09:03:42 -0500
My dwell meter is a damped ohmmeter.  When I use it the coil is
disconnected from the distributor and the dwell meter is connected in
its place.  Positive or negative ground is immaterial.

  Now, if I had an engine analyzer that measured dwell with the engine
running (Anyone have one like that?) and it was powered by the car's
battery, I'd connect the red lead to ground and the black one to battery
power.  The analyzer would be connected in the right polarity, so
where's the rub?

  CR