Re: Porches

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Porches
From: Jurgen Hartwig <gt0003a@prism.gatech.edu>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 14:43:15 -0400
At 10:22 AM 8/28/98 EDT, WSpohn4@aol.com wrote:

><<<<Friend of mine with a Porsche 944 is sick of me raving on about the

>great source of info and interesting reading the list makes. Any one

>know of a similar one for Porsches? Didn't someone recently acquire a

>Porsche? TIA.

>Safety Fast

>Andy Proudfoot>>

>Yeah - try alt.assenginednazislotcars.

Bill,

That's damn straight buddy.  Handles like a friggin' slot car.

Andy, tell your friend to point his web browser to www.porschelist.org.

There he can sign up for the 944/924/etc./etc. list.  They split up the mailing
lists into the various models, unlike this list which is a jumble of MGA (most
beautiful car on earth, right, Bill Eastman), MGB, MG TC, TD, etc..

One comment about mailing lists.  I'm a member of three (mgs, Porsche 911, and
Porsche 914).  Of the three, the mgs group has the most drivel, but it also
ranks highly for practical information.  The 914 list is excellent and has no
flames, and everyone gets along very well.  About three of the members of that
list have achieved "Barney Gaylord" status, which is a true plus.  The 911 list
is different altogether.  Lots of rich guys with their race cars.  It's kinda
cool.  But a lot of flames over the recent bastard child 996 WATER-cooled P-car.

I like each for the variety they offer, but the 250+ list messages total is
very intense.  Miss one day of reading mail and you're in deep dog dooo.

And how do I like my new Porsche.  It's a great car.  The quality is
exceptional.  I've been rather pissed about quality of reproduction parts for
MGs lately.  The Porsche parts are of exceptional quality, but with a price to
match.  Engine rebuilds are mega expensive.  Clutch sets are no less than $300
and up to $1200.  On the other hand, it's a small price to pay for one of the
best sports cars of all time.

I however will never forget my times with the MGs. They are endearing vehicles.
 I believe I will always own an MG, but I think the car that matches me is the
MGA (it's gorgeous).

Jay "assenginecarsrockthehouse" Hartwig

Jurgen Hartwig, Civil Engineering, Georgia Tech

and the world rejoiced

Try to live your life so that

when you die you will rejoice

and the world will cry.