Re: You missed us again!!!

To: Scotty <scotty@dove.net.au>
Subject: Re: You missed us again!!!
From: neil.cairns@virgin.net
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 1998 13:46:15 -0700
Scotty wrote:

> Yo! Neil,
>               you mentioned the rest but missed the BEST! {Biased
> opinionated MMM owner] We also partake of the list, 'gear box lube
> oil' and all; and post etc. Next time PLEASE mention us too.  [ Tongue
> in cheek  ]
>
> Regards,
>
> John[Scotty]Scott,
> Adelaide.Australia.
> 1933 MG-J2 #4330 [Restoration project progressing slowly]

Specially for Scotty & the treble M's.....

My data only goes back as far as the J1-J2, QA, PA,PB, the  the TA.

QA use  3 pints of Castor oil R40 ( lovely smell,)
QH box use 5.25 pints of R40,
PA & PB 1.5 pints EP90,
J1,2,3 use SAE 50 1.5 pints,
J4  2 pints of R40.

AHA!!!! Found some more info...

M Midget, SAE 140 1.5 pints,
C type   SAE90  2 pints,
D type SAE140   1.5 pints.

Am I right?

Neil.
( this comes from an ancient service data handbook for garages, dated
1950. Also, I have service sheets for the TD,TF,YA, ZA, if anyone wants
PHOTOCOPIES.)