Fuel or Ignition Problem

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Fuel or Ignition Problem
From: FlynShoot@aol.com
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 1998 22:16:41 EDT
I have a very curious problem w/my 77B. I have a Weber DGV carb, new fuel
pump, fuel pressure regulator, Peco exhaust, Crane electronic ignition and
Crane coil.

The car starts immediately and runs beautifully. If I drive somewhere, turn
the car off and have lunch, when I get back in it starts immediately but does
strange things. The car hesitates backfires and generally runs bad at light
throttle. When I give it more gas it usually backfires and springs to life.
>From a dead stop and when there is a load on the engine, it behaves well. When
cruising at a constant throttle or at light throttle, the engine misbehaves.
The problem is definitely throttle position sensitive.

I have changed the fuel filter, adjusted the floats in the carb, installed a
fuel pressure regulator, changed the Crane ignition (but not the optical
sensor), and changed my fuel pump. The timing is dead on, valves properly
adjusted, and all new distrib. cap, rotor, wires, plugs.

I am at my wits end.

Does anyone have any ideas?

DCS