Re: MGA electrical diagrams on line

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: MGA electrical diagrams on line
From: Kevin Mardell <kmardell@julian.uwo.ca>
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 1998 19:07:06 -0400
Dear "Wisdom of the MG List"

I've just found out that I have an air  leak in the vacuum advance line at
the small "canister". This is obviously not helping with my timing or
mixture settings.

A few questions. What is in this "canister", a check valve?, a simple
baffle? It obviously serves to prevent the gas mixture getting down to the
distributor but how? Can this be replaced with something else? There seems
to be a crack around where the tubing enters the canister, if I was to try
to repair this any suggestions, solder? epoxy? silicone?

I'm sure someone else out there has dealt with this. Thanks in advance for
any advice.

Kevin Mardell