Re: MGB Brake Master Cylinder Dissassemble

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: MGB Brake Master Cylinder Dissassemble
From: richard.arnold@juno.com (Richard D. Arnold)
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 1998 07:23:38 EDT
>The Haynes manual calls for the removal of a white
>plastic bushing just after the outer spring and circlip
>are removed. The books suggests moving the main
>piston to loosen the bushing. There is some rust
>which I have cleaned out, but see no way get any
>leverage on this white plastic bushing.

I'm pretty sure it comes with the kit (I got one in my Midget MC rebuild
kit).  I poked a small hole in it, screwed a wood screw into it, and
pulled it out.

Rich
'79 MG Midget "Miss Molly"
'78 Chevy Half-Ton "Waltzin' Matilda"

"It is wise to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties."
James Madison ca. 1791