dash lights and radio 77B

To: mgs <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: dash lights and radio 77B
From: "Proudfoot, Andrew" <proudfa@NAVCANADA.CA>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 1998 21:01:00 -0400
Hi folks;
My radio had been intermittent and the bulb burned out for my temp
heater control. Last night I decided to have a look. Seems the PO (not
you Terry) had simply pushed the bare power wire into a rubber thingy
around a bullet connector, not a problem as I'll get a female end from
my parts car. I took the bulb into my local Radio Shack store and was
told that they have no such thing and have never seen one like it!!!!!!
Thanks to you kind folks I know different. I'd love to prove this fellow
wrong as this is a common problem in my small town. I am still waiting
for a call from the parts place that ordered me a Teflon filter in
May!!!!!!! Anyone have the part number for these bulbs. Don't know if I
like this brighter bulb idea but figured I'd replace those two while the
console is apart and see what I think.
Also my radio is very poor I think a good cleaning might do it some
good.(internal) any suggestions. Do I go back to the Radio Shack guy and
see if he has ever heard of aerosol cleaner, take the back off and give
it a spray.
It's a real pleasure having such minor problems. Been a great summer
here for LBC driving. Hope the fall is as good! TIA!!! Also thanks to
all for the Porsche List advice my buddy is very appreciative.
Andy Proudfoot 77B