Welcome back from the land of ford...

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Welcome back from the land of ford...
From: Josef Kurtz <kurtz@helix.mgh.harvard.edu>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 1998 08:52:15 -0400 (EDT)
Greeting everyone!!!!  I am happy to say that I am back, soaking up all of
the info everyone has to offer, being mildly amused by the
controversies of flowing electrons, and driving Nikki, my 79B!  After
leaving her with my parents for the past year (previous '80B owners) to
save her from the ravages of Boston weather, I have moved and now have
access to a garage, albeit a public one.  But she is back!!!

Before my questions, I just wanted to brag a little.  After many
sacrifices and the promise of money,my first born, and what little soul
hasn't already been staked to our dark master, Lucas, my B and I drove
from Chicago to Boston straight.  One day, 17 hours, 14 minutes on I90.
No speeding tickets, but a whole lot of longing stares from those stuck in
a minivan or a Miata.  Even averaged over 23mpg!  It was amazing to
experience the different smells that the different states had.  And being
from the Midwest, I like the smell of cows!!!

Can you tell I had a good time?

Anyways, I have a few items to throw out into the this electronic soup.

1.  When people mention shows, rallies, etc, could you please maybe
throw in the state or country it is in.  Kinda like the the big joke of
the Simpsons living in Springfield:  there is one everywhere you look.

2.  I wanna shirt too!!!

3.  Trying to be good, I was removing my club from the steering wheel and
proceeded to smack the dash directly below the glove compartment, chipping
a piece off.  So no I have a nice splotch of yellow foam showing.  Any
rec's to fix this?  As appelaing as the black electrical tape is...

4.  I need a new soft top.  The one I have is the one from the PO and it
was ripped on both sides, from misfolding it I guess.  But after 75+ mph
driving by my mom, i swear the rips are huge!  Beyong repair.  So, what do
you all reccommend?

5.  I have a hard top.  Last winter, after 4 months on, when I took it
off, I had some really nice scratches along the back in the paint.  I
realize that I have to fix the hood by probably attaching a new foam
contact, but if anyone has done this before, again I would appreciate
guidance.

6.  Last but not least, one of the few friends I have from school that
could comprehend I wanting to get rid of a convertible Mustang in favor of
my B, wants one of his own!!!  He is all set to buy, right now.  I enjoyed
showing him my car to no end, and he already has a reputable collection of
MG books.  He is looking for something that is more mechanically sound
compared to asthetically, as it will be a Boston daily driver for a couple
of years.  So if anyone in the New England area knows or has one, I can
vouch for his love of teh LBC.  Email me and I will get the messages to
him.

Well, I think I have written enough.  It is soooooooo good to be back.

Safety Fast Forvever!

Joey Kurtz

jkurtz@alum.mit.edu

Harvard Medical School