Re: Welding and spraying.

To: MGMagnette@aol.com
Subject: Re: Welding and spraying.
From: Vallely <vallely@ibm.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 1998 23:29:51 -0400
MGMagnette@aol.com wrote:

> Hey all-
>    Looked the prices being charged for welding and painting lately and
> basically decided to do it all myself.  So any reccomendations as to brands

John--
Just read your post as I was out of town.
My $.02: I bought a Lincoln Weldpack 100 w/ gas last spring for my MGA
body work and have been satisfied with it. I use 0.30 wire. For me (a
novice), MIG isn't quite as simple as others have suggested, mostly
because a bad weld looks just like a good one. Still, I'm happy with the
unit and agree with the comments about live electrodes.
I have a craftsman 5 hp / 30 gal 120/240v unit that I converted to 240v.
It's noisy but adequate. It was worth the trouble of running a 240
circuit because the breaker threw at 120.
Good luck.
John  Vallely
'59 mga