Re: engine rebuild stuff

To: "Nina Barton" <ninab@scoresheet.com>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: engine rebuild stuff
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 1998 22:27:32 -0700
Nina....

Based on years of experience with these engines, the best advice to prevent
recurrence of the blown head gasket syndrome is, first, to install all new
head studs, then to make sure you progressively torque the nuts in the
correct sequence (start at 20 ft. lbs., then increase 10 ft. lbs. at a
time), then to retorque as soon as the engine reaches operating temperature
after the first time you start it.

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center