Re: MGA ball joints

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: MGA ball joints
From: dresden@tiac.net
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 1998 03:03:42 -0500

>Fit a ball joint seperator and screw it down hard, LEAVING THE NUT ON
>THE THREADS, only unscrewed about 4 to 5 turns, put a jack under the
>steering arm to support it, and hit the top of the seperator HARD with a
>large precussion-precision instrument...( 2lb hammer.)

Neil,

I think he was talking about the side-entry fork type, not the puller type
(which I usually hear called a pitman arm puller, though true pitman arm
pullers are larger). Your type is the kinder gentler type, but the fork
type, if you don't care what you do to the ball joint, is a great weapon of
last resort, in conjunction with a BFH. Just trying to make sure Kevin
knows there's more than one tool available...

Nev