Re: S.O.S - need advice on head gasket ASAP!

To: Jerry Causey <jcausey@whidbey.com>
Subject: Re: S.O.S - need advice on head gasket ASAP!
From: ccrobins <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Sat, 05 Sep 1998 08:42:18 -0500
Yo! Jerry,

  Ya gotta be kidding!  That trick with the wire assumes the surfaces
are flat.  One of the first things Twist sez in his tip is to make sure
the block and head are true.  I'd be surprised if Chris's head isn't
warped.  Shux, he drove it home with water coming out the exhaust pipe.

  I put Twist's trick into my engine when I reassembled it after a valve
job.  Also chamfered the stud holes in the block.  So far, so good....

  Charley Robinson
  '69 B